top of page

Student Support

Emergency and Police: 

In case of emergency, call 000. For non-urgent matters, call 131 444 to speak with your local police station.

Health and Counselling:

  • Lifeline: If you are thinking about suicide or are experiencing a personal crisis, help is available. Telephone counselling 24hrs a day 7 days a week by calling 13 11 14.

  • Headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation: Help and support for people aged between 12-25 is available at centres in Queensland, online or over the phone for mental health, general health, work, study, alcohol and drug issues. Chat online or call 1800 650 890.

  • beyondblue: aims to promote good mental health, tackles stigma and discrimination, and provides support and information on anxiety, depression and suicide to everyone in Australia. Chat online, email or call 1300 22 4636.

  • Poison Information Centre: Provides advice on the management, assessment and treatment of poisonous products including non-prescription pharmaceuticals, household and industrial chemicals, and animal venom. Call 131 126.

Leaving school and further study:

Ready to take your studies to the next level? There are a range of websites that provide resources, guides and factsheets for students aiming to continue their education at university, TAFE or with private providers (like DIVTEC).

  • use Job Outlook to read more about different career options (and take the skills match quiz)

  • build a career profile on myfuture and discover your strengths and make career decisions

  • visit the My Skills website to compare the course outcomes and durations at different providers

  • use jobactive to look for jobs and get support as a job seeker

  • get information about government help to pay for tertiary study on the Study Assist site


We recommend comparing your options before making the decision to enrol - it's a great opportunity to see what's available to you!

Clubs, societies, sport and fitness facilities:

Student Associations: 


You can also use Meetups to find people in the local community who share your interests in football, tennis and other adventures. 

Overseas Students Ombudsman (OSO):

The Overseas Students Ombudsman investigates complaints about problems that overseas students have with private education and training institutions in Australia. The Ombudsman’s services are free, independent and impartial. You can find out more about this service on their website:


A number of OSO publications, including newsletters, can be found on the OSO website.

Tuition Protection Service (TPS):

The Tuition Protection Service is an initiative of the Australian Government to assist you when your education provider is unable to fully deliver your course of study. The TPS may also assist you if you have withdrawn from, or not started, your course and are eligible for a refund of tuition fees and the institution has not paid them.


The TPS will ensure that you are able to either:

  • Complete your studies in another course or with another institution, or

  • Receive a refund of your unspent tuition fees.


Under the Tuition Protection Service international students have a number of rights and obligations. For more information visit the Tuition Protection Service website.

bottom of page