Frequently Asked Questions

Why should I choose DIVTEC?

DIVTEC Training and Further Education are committed to providing excellence in education, quality qualifications, best practice and outcomes based pathways. We ensure our services are accessible and accommodate the needs of each individual learner. Our courses provide pathways for people to gain careers in their chosen field.
We understand that it can be a challenge to balance study with the activities of daily life. And, that can be even harder for international students with your family overseas.

Am I eligible for funding if I’ve completed a qualification overseas, a bachelor degree or have deferred from university?

The DIVTEC Training Team must make an informed judgement about your existing qualifications to determine your eligibility for government subsidised training. As an International Student, you usually cannot access funding provided by the state government. Please contact us to discuss the details of your situation.

  • If you have completed a bachelor degree or other qualification at a university in Australia, you are not eligible to access the Certificate 3 Guarantee or the Higher Level Skills program.
  • If you hold a certificate I to advanced diploma qualification issued prior to 1995, you remain eligible to access the Certificate 3 Guarantee or the Higher Level Skills program.
  • If you have deferred from study, you are still considered to be enrolled at university. This means you are not eligible under the Certificate 3 Guarantee or the Higher Level Skills program.
  • If you hold an overseas qualification that has been recognised by an Australian professional body or other organisation, you are not eligible to access funding for qualifications at the same or lowerlevel. If you have completed a qualification overseas that does not meet the standards of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), you may be eligible for funding. For more information, please visit the Overseas Qualifications Recognition website.

Are you an international student?

An international student is a person who:

  • is not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Permanent Resident or a Permanent Humanitarian visa holder, and
  • intends to enrol with an Australian higher education provider (like DIVTEC).
To undertake study in Australia, all international students should hold visas with appropriate study rights. That means a Study visa issued by the Department of Home Affairs. Read more online:

What does 'certified copy' mean?

We might ask you to provide certified copies of documents during the enrolment application process. A certified copy is a photocopy of an original document that has been signed and stamped by a witnessing or government authority stating it is a true copy of the original. Signatures must appear on the front of each page, if the document has more than one page.

Do I need to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)?

Yes. The Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) requires all students, who are studying in Australia on a Student visa, to maintain OSHC for the duration of their Student visa. Students covered under the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme, the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administration Agency (Kammarkollegiet) or the compulsory health care insurance in Belgium, do not require OSHC. Belgian, Norwegian and Swedish students who are not required to purchase OSHC, will be covered for treatment that is medically necessary under their country’s Reciprocal Health Care Agreement (RHCA) with Australia.

What is IELTS?

The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education and global migration. IELTS has been developed by some of the world’s leading language assessment experts and will test the full range of English skills needed for success in your new job or study placement abroad. You’ll be assessed on the following elements:

  • Listening
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Speaking
You can find more information online:

Where can I go for visa information?

The Department of Home Affairs can show you visa options that might suit your needs. You can use their website to explore visa options for studying in Australia: